It’s almost been two years since I released Carded & DisCarded. Although that is a very long time period, I do feel that it’s safe to say both my style of DJing and taste in music have developed since then. I don’t mean to discredit Carded & DisCarded at all, by any means, but over this time I have had the chance to explore new concepts and styles of mixing that I discovered to be more beneficial when incorporated into my DJ sets. With these changes occurring over he past two years, I’ve come up with an idea that has finally taken form – I’m happy to announce my new mix series; Palette.
The concept behind the series is that for the next 6 months, I will hand pick and craft a mix for your listening pleasure. I decided to kick off the Palette series with a program of songs that all mean a lot to me. Not to mention, I also decided to throw in a few of my favorite transitions that I’ve enjoyed playing live at most of my shows over the past couple of months. I may not be able to promise that you’ll enjoy every mix in the series, but I can promise that I’ll work hard to make it interesting for you.
I really hope you all enjoy this months mix and look forward to Palette Two in early April!
1. The Salsoul Orchestra – Salsoul 3001 (Intro) / Faze Action – I Wanna Dancer (Disco Rock Dub Mix)
2. Holy Ghost! – I Will Come Back
3. Talking Heads – Gilrfriend Is Better (BitFunk Edit)
4. Crazy P – Love On The Line (Unabombers Dub Mix)
5. Lindstrøm & Christabelle – Baby Can’t Stop
6. Classixx + Jeppe – I’ll Get You
7. Munk – Down In L.A. (Shazam Remix)
8. Curses! – The Deep End (Holy Ghost! Day School Dub)
9. Cut Copy – Far Away (Damn Arms Remix)
10. The Juan Maclean – Happy House
11. Still Going – Spaghetti Circus
12. Chilly – For Your Love (Todd Terje Edit)
13. First Choice – Great Expectations
14. LaBerge – Just Don’t Let Go
Kid Color – Palette One (download)